Building off my recent blog about OKRs, I’m going to devote at least one blog post to laying out some objectives for myself for the next year. These are a rough draft, but a couple ideas I have kicking around my head.
My personal mission statement: Strengthen who I am.
In an effort to grow as an entire person, I’m going to take a holistic approach to my objectives.
1) Reconnect to God through a consistent quiet time. I’m going to strive to have a quality quiet time everyday, but no less than 6/7 days a week.
2) Connect with Godly men. Meet at least once a week to share with another man in an effort to grow spiritually and foster relationships.
3) Become involved with the church.
4) Make healthier food choices by eating more vegetables and less meat.
5) Consistent exercise program. At least 30 minutes a day 4/7 days a week.
6) Weigh between 160 and 165.
7) Connect with my wife by spending quality time everyday with her.
8) Connect with my kids by spending quality everyday with them.
9) Connect on a deeper level and develop friendships.
10) Complete my academic residency.
11) Read at least two books a month.
12) Paint at least one painting a month and at least twice a month practice/read about art techniques/theory.
13) Blog at least 5/7 days a week.
I have some ideas on what I would like to accomplish. I’m going to think on these and in the next couple of days, I’ll lay out my key objectives for the year and each quarter.